Friday, March 25, 2011

First Day

       I just woke up from a nap. I wasn't able to get much sleep on the plane ride(s). Atleast I was sitting by the only other person on the plane that couldn't sleep. Between yahtzee, food, and movies the flight wasn't really that bad but I was more then ready to get off. When we landed in Santander we were able to take a bus into the center of the city for about two euros. My apartment was just around the corner but I thought it would be fun to walk up and down the street with all my luggage looking like I was lost. I realized that I just had to step out of my comfort zone if I wanted to find my house and ask someone for help. I lucked out and asked the right person, she is Nieves (my host moms neighbor).
      Nieves is very nice. I had NO idea what she was saying when I first walked in so she called her son and he translated for us. I guess I have to go stay at grandmas tonight but I'm not sure why. Its just around the corner though. I'm kind of thinking that I don't have a bed or bedroom because I had to take a nap on the couch and my stuff is just in the living room. Maybe the couch is my bed?
     She has a dog but its not Lilly. He is a big ol boxer and I think his tongue might be permanently stuck out? He keeps hitting my screen with it. Right now he is snoring at my feet. I guess I already made a friend.
     Other news  that Matthew might like to hear is that there are two toilets in the bathroom. One regular and one bidet which I have no idea how to use. I might have to google that. Until then I will just stick with the regular one.
     Nieves is cooking dinner right now. Looks like spaghetti and wine. I think she is having guests over too. Great, more people to look like a fool in front of :).
     Ok I think thats is for now. Very excited to be here. Not too bad of a birthday. I think the worst part is over; finding my apartment and meeting my mom.  I'm going to get ready for dinner and then probably to grandmas to get some rest. I hope tomorrow is as sunny as it was today :)

Chao
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment